Everyone: NO CHARGE for your first visit. No charge for visitors or spectators.
- Experienced fencers: show up with your gear
- Beginners: period and modern
– loose clothing and clean, non-outdoor court shoes
– best to have your own, but silly to buy before you try
- – we have some loaner gear for while you are starting out
- – bring a long-cuff glove for your dextrous hand; a pair for period fencing
- Physical condition
– able to move around the floor; manipulate at least one weapon
- Age: we welcome adults of ANY age
– Adults under 18 need parental consent provided IN PERSON
- – Younger adults not only learn well in our nonformal system: they soon become teachers
- – All participants will be asked to sign a Waiver. All minor members must have Emergency Contact Information on file with the club.
– see below
- – Regulars will find it less expensive to become members and pay a whole-season fee.
- – Group classes have a separate fee; see Activities/Classes
- Season Membership:
- – $135
- – Open fencing access at all scheduled club times at the Grange September through May.
- – Big savings on class fees – only $30 each 6-week session.
- – Big savings versus drop-in fees.
- – Free Sword Club T-shirt for first-time full member sign-up.
- Class fees:
– 6-week session: $60 per non-member student, any age (no discount for added sessions)
- – 6-week session: $30 per Member student, any age
– $10 per visit (no charge for first visit)
- – $40 per 7-week session